Dosing and administration for advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC)
Recommended combination dose1
LENVIMA is available as 10-mg and 4-mg capsules.
Taken orally once a day, with or without food LENVIMA 10-mg capsule LENVIMA 4-mg capsule
Everolimus tablet not pictured.
The recommended daily dose of LENVIMA is 18 mg (one 10-mg capsule and two 4-mg capsules) in combination with 5 mg everolimus taken orally once a day, with or without food
- Continue LENVIMA plus everolimus until disease progression or until unacceptable toxicity
- The LENVIMA plus everolimus combination dose should be taken at the same time each day. If a patient misses a dose and it cannot be taken within 12 hours, then that dose should be skipped and the next dose should be taken at the usual time of administration
- For patients who have trouble swallowing the capsules whole, the capsules can be dissolved in a small glass of liquid. Patients should measure 1 tablespoon of water or apple juice and put the capsules into the liquid without breaking or crushing them. The capsules should be left in the liquid for at least 10 minutes. Patients should stir for at least 3 minutes, then they may drink the mixture. After drinking, patients should add the same amount (1 tablespoon) of water or apple juice to the glass and swirl the contents a few times before swallowing the additional liquid
- LENVIMA capsules are supplied in cartons of 6 blister cards. Each carton contains a 30-day supply of LENVIMA capsules1
- Everolimus is manufactured and supplied by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation